Thursday, March 28, 2013

Juan Rivera Released, Roster Picture Becoming Clearer

Via Ken Rosenthal, the Yankees have released Juan Rivera just a few hours after he started today's game at first base.  Today was the day that they needed to decide on adding him to the 40-man roster, and after picking up Lyle Overbay it looks like they are going to go with him at first base.

For what it's worth, Rivera told reporters that both Overbay and Ben Francisco are going to make the Opening Day roster, but I haven't seen this confirmed by anybody yet.

Also, Bryan Hoch is reporting that Ronnier Mustelier has a bone bruise in his knee and will stay in Tampa to rehab, removing him from consideration for a bench role.

P.S.- I pretty much called this Rivera situation in my morning post over at IIATMS/TYA today.  If anybody is interested, I'm willing to offer my 2013 season predictions for 20 bucks a pop.

No comments: