Heading to Chicago for the final Local H concert in history tonight. Buddy of mine picked up some tickets for 5 bucks a pop, which gives you an idea of where this event ranks in the world of band breakups. I'm hoping for at least a 2-hour set and some Old Style at the venue. Love me some Old Style. It's one of the sneaky best cheap beers out there and there isn't nearly enough of it around the greater Milwaukee area. Totally sucks that Anheuser-Busch made the Cubs get rid of it at Wrigley starting next season. That's downright un-American. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, el duque of It Is High... took a painful, albeit short, trip down Memory Lane to revisit the 5 worst losses of the season.
- On Tuesday, Mike Axisa of RAB examined the Yankees' performance in 1-run games in 2013, and how their record in those games once again greatly outperformed their statistical expectations.
- On Wednesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog did what the MSM didn't do this week and questioned the validity of Hal Steinbrenner's statements about his team.
- SJK of NoMaas offered up his take on the Hal Steinbrenner media tour, pointing out that Steinbrenners comments don't make it seem like a major rebuild is in the cards. That could be a bad thing if 189 is the goal.
- On Thursday, Bryan Van Dusen of The Greedy Pinstripes laid out his plan to address the 2014 outfield. It includes some familiar faces and a new one from my neck of the woods.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud looked at the first batch of big decisions Joe has to make about next year now that he's officially back.
- William Tasker of IIATMS/TYA mused on the inevitable end of Derek Jeter's career, if that might come after the 2014 season, and how that final season could play out if he can't get healthy.
- Michael Burke of Pinstriped Bible advocated for letting Robinson Cano walk this offseason. I fully understand all the arguments for that course of action, I just don't see any way the Yankees actually do it.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily profiled GCL third baseman Miguel Andujar, one of the farm systems most intriguing young international prospects.
This week's jam is "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel. If I'm being honest with myself, I'm probably a Peter Gabriel fan. If I'm not, I'm saying that I love this song and "Solsbury Hill" and living in a world of denial.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Which team of Yankee legends would top the rest?
3 hours ago