Well the big day has finally come. Today I make my inaugural visit to the new Yankee Stadium. By the time this post goes up, I'll already be in some state of intoxication and as I explained before, I'm not sure how or how much I'm going to be blogging about this weekend's games/festivities. We'll see how this first night goes. In any case, go Yankees and onto the links!
- On Tuesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog compared the AL Wild Card contenders' remaining schedules to see who was in the best position and how difficult the Yankees' road will be.
- Brian D. of Yankees Fans Unite mused on what Andy Pettitte's future holds after this season. Personally I think this will be the final retirement for him and he'll be done for good whenever this season ends.
- Mike Axisa of RAB looked back at a few recent examples of September call-ups who helped the team as the Yankees added a batch of those to the active roster this week.
- On Wednesday, el duque of It Is High... pondered the possibility of Mo or Jeter getting the new postgame Gatorade bath treatment. I have to agree that it would be pretty cool to see Mo get it.
- Jesse Schindler of Pinstriped Bible looked at how Phil Hughes might fit into the bullpen hierarchy now that he's been removed from the rotation. Don't expect anything high-leverage.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had Phil and Joe's thoughts on the move to the bullpen.
- On Thursday, Mike Ashmore of Thunder Thoughts had Game 1 of the ELDS covered from all angles and game 2 was no different. He's a must-follow for all the Thunder playoff coverage.
- Bryan Van Dusen of The Greedy Pinstripes tossed around the idea of bringing Hughes back as the setup man next year. Not a bad idea given his relief history, I just don't see any way the team takes him back.
- Nathanial Stotlz of FanGraphs analyzed Jose Campos, his first season back after last year's elbow injury, and what kind of prospect he is now after that injury.
- William Tasker of IIATMS/TYA marveled at how great Mo has been in his final season.
- SJK of NoMaas commented on the team's organizational catching depth now that scouting reports on Gary Sanchez's defense continue to be negative.
- SG of RLYW projected the change in postseason percentages in the AL East based on all possible outcomes of this weekend's series.
For today's jam we're dusting off a classic that I haven't used in a while. Only seems fitting to bring this one back out when I'm heading to the ballpark.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
That wailing sound you hear...
4 minutes ago