(This is becoming a way too familiar sight. Courtesy of the AP)
Late game, long night, late wake up, short recap. Not that you really need to know all the fine details looking at the final score.
- It was another bad start for CC Sabathia. He gave up 2 runs in the bottom of the 1st on a pair of singles and a pair of walks. Can't even remember the last time the big guy walked in a run.
- The Yanks got their 2 in the top of the 2nd after an Ichiro leadoff single. He stole second and scored on Eduardo Nunez's double, and Nunez came around to score on a couple of groundouts.
- 3 more hits and 2 more runs allowed for CC in the 4th. He was getting hit hard and putting guys on in every inning. He failed to get out of the 6th inning and left with the loss on his hands.
- There would be no late comeback this time. The offense only put 1 guy on base in the final 4 innings, and Joba Chamberlain and Adam Warren each gave up a solo HR for good measure.
- If you're wondering, Curtis Granderson went 0-4 with 2 strikeouts in his first game back.
- THE Chris Stewart: 2-3, 1 LOB. The only player with multiple hits and he threw out an attempted base stealer to end an inning after Derek Jeter threw a ball away.
- Sabathia: 5.2 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 4 K. He continues to get pounded and shows no signs of turning it around. ERA is up to 4.78 this season. That's awful.
Right back at it tonight, with Ivan Nova and Tyson Ross on the mound.