Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Well Has Run Dry

You know the outside options were 4th or 5th starter are starting to get thin when I was actually disappointed that somebody signed Justin Duchscherer.

And now I can't believe I'm actually starting to think seriously about how I'm going to deal with Freddy Garcia possibly pitching meaningful innings for the 2011 New York Yankees after he signed a Minor League deal with them yesterday.  Sure it's a Minor League deal, and he only gets $1.5 mil IF he makes the team, but it's still a bit of a mindfuck to think that guys like Garcia and Kevin Millwood have become real options to fill out the rotation and that money could potentially be paid to Freddy Garcia to pitch in the Majors this season.

And this is not coming from some inner well of latent anger because the Yankees didn't sign Cliff Lee.  I've been over that for a while now.  Dude didn't want to come to New York so good riddance.  It's just the plain fact that Freddy Garcia fucking sucks and anybody that is honestly trying to convince themselves that this guy can even be a mediocre starter pitching on diminished stuff in the AL East for a full season is insane.  You can talk all day about being an "innings eater," but when those innings involve getting shelled by the Sawx and Rays and Blue Jays, those are innings I'd rather have left to somebody else.

Help me, Andy-Wan Kenobi.  You're my only hope.

 (Another Swanny Duckson Production)

No comments: