Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Say It Ain't So, Jerry

(Best Jerry Hairston moment ever.  Courtesy of Getty Images)

Say it ain't so!

I don't know why, but I always had this idea that Jerry Hairston would end up back with the Yankees at some point.  Dude was here in '09, won a ring, played well, and would be a one-man bench to fill all the key spots the Yanks have.  Play a little backup third base to A-Rod, little backup first for Teix.  Play some left field or right field on days when Swish and Gardner need off.  Shit, could probably cover Jeter at short in a pinch.  And now that's all gone because the fucking Dodgers, who I thought didn't have an owner, a GM, people that cared, or even any money to spend this offseason, locked Hairston up to a 2-year deal.  I thought it was a sign when the Brewers brought him in this year.  A sign that I was meant to watch Jerry and Jerry was meant to be where I wanted to watch him.  But I guess I was wrong.  Damn.

P.S.- Ken Rosenthal breaking this story makes me hate Ken Rosenthal more than I already do.

No comments: