Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Belated Happy B-Day To The One Even More Almighty Than The Almighty

In my excitement to discuss The Jesus' birthday on Sunday, it slipped my mind that the single greatest person in the history of people doing any one singular job incredibly well also celebrating his birthday soon.  Luckily, fellow blogger and friend of AB4AR, Rasheeda Cooper of Bomber Boulevard, was smart enough to alert me to that and so before The Sandman comes on over to shut my lights out I will pay him the proper respect and wish him a happy birthday as well.

The man is 41, ladies and gentlemen, and still at the top of his game in professional sports, which is unheard of.  He's also reportedly close to re-upping with the Yankees by the end of the winter meetings, most likely for a one or two-year deal worth $17-18 mil a year.  In typical Mo fashion, he's just quietly going about his business and getting shit done.

(Photo used courtesy of River Ave. Blues)

Yes, the Jesus' birthday is a momentous occasion that deserves its proper recognition.  But as the above picture states, without Mo there would be no Jesus.  So even though it's a day late, it's still probably in my best interests to acknowledge and pay my proper respects to the Great One.

No comments: