Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'd Like To Say I'm Surprised...

... but with the way A.J.'s season has gone this year, it almost feels like I should have been expecting this to happen: 

"Pitching this afternoon in a simulated game in The Bronx, Burnett hit the first batter he faced, teammate Greg Golson, in the arm." (via the NY Post)

Jesus Christ on the cross, you have to be kidding me.  I might leave work early today to start stocking up on beer for A.J.'s start, be it Game 4 or 5.  Something tells me a standard 6-pack or even a 12er ain't going to be enough.


 ** UPDATE- 4:13PM: "It doesn’t more real than this: A.J. Burnett plunked two batters today. He got Greg Golson early, then he hit Austin Kearns late." (via LoHud)

And the list of beer to be purchased continues to grow.  If I don't blog anything after Burnett's start, you'll know why...

No comments: