Friday, June 25, 2010
Friday Afternoon Pre-Torre Return Linkapalooza
With Mr. Torre set to make his first appearance against his former team later tonight, it only seems fitting that we at AB4AR honor him with some linkage.
- ESPN NY's Yankee blog has a collection of Torre stats from his Yankee tenure, just in case you needed a reminder of just how good those Yankee teams were.
- Greg Fertel at Pending Pinstripes has a great idea about what to do with Chan Ho Park. I sat at my computer nodding in agreement the whole time I was reading this and then stood up and applauded at the end.
- My boy Lenny Neslin has his AL and NL All-Star picks. Major props to Lenny for not buying into the anti-Pettitte All-Star rhetoric that's been coming from the blogosphere. And even bigger props for picking Brett Gardner as the 6th AL outfielder. I'd like to think I had something to do with influencing his decision, but I'm sure he was smart enough to realize Gardner's awesomeness on his own, even if nobody else does.
- Joe Paw at RAB discusses how well the Yanks have hit lefties this year. Be afraid, Jon Lester. Be very afraid. Now if only Joe could come up with an explanation for why the Yanks can't seem to hit shitty pitching (cough, cough: Moyer, Lopez).
- Matt at Fack Youk looks back at the 1955 World Series between the Yanks and Dodgers. When you get done with that, go to the homepage and read through the entire series they're doing on every Yankee-Dodger World Series. Real good reading, especially if you're far too young to have experienced those matchups like I am.
Finish up the Friday strong, people. And then get home and plop your ass down on the couch to watch Joe's return. It should be fun.