Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Is Joel Sherman Having a Bad Day?


As part of the Post's MLB season preview today, Joel Sherman had to write mini-columns about 6 things fans can expect from the Mets and the Yankees this year. I almost shit when I read Sherman's expectations for the Yankees. I'm not going to copy the whole article but you can find it here if you're looking for a downer to your day.

Holy Christ! Talk about doom and gloom. If you read through all 6 parts, basically what Joel is saying is that Joba, A.J., Andy, Granderson, Gardner, and Nick Johnson are going to play like shit.

Well thanks for that, Joel. Is anything good going to happen this season? If all that stuff came true I think the Yanks would be hard pressed to win 85-90 games let alone the division and World Series. Why don't you predict a plague of locusts and 40 days and nights of rain while you're at it?

Now I know Sherman has to write pieces like that as part of the previews and it's all meant to be in fun, but throw us a bone here, dude. You bury the point about A-Rod and Teix having MVP-caliber seasons and then don't even mention anybody else. What about CC? What about Jeter? What about Mo? What about the rest of the bullpen? Don't be afraid to make a few good predictions here and there. Have a little faith, Joel. Have a little faith!

I did like that bit about Jesus stepping in and mashing from Day 1 at catcher and at DH. You can feed me those goodies 25/8 and I'm eating all that shit up.

The power of Montero compels you!!


P.S.- If the Yankees traded Joba, Ace, and Austin Romine for John Danks I would send a pipe bomb to Brian Cashman's house.

No comments: