Going up late today because of the draft coverage. Rangers need a win big time in Game 2 tomorrow. More of the first 10 minutes and less of the last 2 periods, please. A full game of that first 10 minutes in Game 1 and they would have blown the Kings out of their own building. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, SJK of NoMaas called for Alfonso Soriano to be straight up released. I wouldn't make that move just yet, but I wouldn't hate it if the Yankees did.
- On Tuesday, Mike Axisa looked back at the 2009 draft class to see how the Yankees did with their 5-year evaluation period. A couple of good roster pieces and a few remaining possibilities isn't awful, right?
- Delia Enriquez of Bronx Baseball Daily pointed out all the holes in the Yankees' organizational depth that have been exposed by their injury problems.
- On Wednesday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits finished re-ranking and analyzing his top 30 prospects after the first 2 months of the MiL season.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had Alfonso Soriano's thoughts on his season-long struggles.
- On Thursday, Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA explained, in a much more rational and fair way than I would have, how Derek Jeter was hurting the team right now and why something had to change.
- Matt Provenzano of Pinstripe Alley examined Chase Whitley's first handful of starts to find some trends that project him positively going forward.
- Michael Pawluk of The Greedy Pinstripes shared a personal story about meeting and spending time with the late Don Zimmer.
- On Friday, el duque of It Is High... imagined how the call between the Yanks and Scott Boras about Morales waiting to sign would have gone.
More new Mastodon this week, a song called "Chimes At Midnight". Definitely a better song than "High Road". My expectations for this new album are starting to go up.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.