I'm just 2 weeks away from my Yanks-Sawx weekend series. Officially time to start getting excited. I can almost feel the sun on my face as I get my picture taken in Monument Park. I can almost smell the poor and homeless people on the subway. I can almost taste the $9 beer. It's going to be an awesome time and barring a complete bed shitting by the team to offset this current hot streak, it might actually be meaningful Yanks-Sawx baseball with the added intrigue of payback for the A-Rod plunking thrown in. Not a bad setting for a first YS3 experience. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Mike Axisa of RAB took an early look at the potential call-up candidates when rosters expand in September.
- Hunter Farman of Yanks Go Yard made a case for why the Yankees should release Joba Chamberlain. Even with Claiborne back on the roster, I'd support the move.
- Bryan Van Dusen of The Greedy Pinstripes praised Joe for what he said following the A-Rod-Dempster incident last Sunday. Lotta that goin' around this week.
- Scott Lemieux of Deadspin wrote a very interesting commentary on the A-Rod case and how it's blown up to comical levels of hysteria in the MSM.
- On Wednesday, Chad Jennings of LoHud unveiled the admittedly pretty slick Alex Rodriguez career timeline.
- Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA broke down how Justin Morneau could fit into the current Yankee lineup.
- Matthew B. of Yankees Fans Unite commented on the positive contributions A-Rod has made on the field to help the Yankees get things going in the right direction again.
- On Thursday, Martin Riggs of NoMaas reminded everybody of just how filthy D-Rob's curveball has been this year. Seriously, check out those numbers.
- El duque of It Is High... mused on the anti-A-Rod sentiment among the MLB players and wondered if Tampa would be the next team to hit him with a pitch this weekend.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog investigated the Yankees' history in day games after night games, a timely investigation after their series against Toronto.
- On Friday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits asked if Joe will want to come back in 2014. It seems all but certain that the team will want him back, but I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to deal with the effects of the payroll budget.
- Jesse Schindler of Pinstriped Bible examined the turnaround in the starting rotation's performance and how it's helped fuel the team's turnaround.
- SG of RLYW put Eduardo Nunez's horrific WAR totals to the test against the competition to see if he's been the least valuable player in baseball in 2013.
Coming in HOT for today's Friday Jam. "The Safety Dance," Men Without Hats, right in your eyeball. I don't think I need to say anymore than that. Just drink it in.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
The Yankiverse has spoken: 93.8 wins in 2019
1 hour ago