There's a kickass Mexican place a few blocks from my girlfriend's place. Their house margaritas are the tits and I plan on getting hammered drunk on them tonight. The weather has started to turn in Wisconsin and I want one more chance to pretend it's still warm before it's time to take out the sweatpants and winter coat. Hope everybody else has something fun planned for their evenings. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, SJK of NoMaas offered up his take on who should and should not receive a qualifying offer from the Yankees. One of his selections might surprise you.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB broke down the 40-man roster logjam the Yankees are going to have to deal with this offseason. Is it me or does this problem get worse every year?
- Chad Jennings of LoHud perused the LCS rosters to identify potential offseason targets for the Yankees.
- Ricky Keeler of Yanks Go Yard looked back at Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS, or as I call it, the greatest game I've ever watched.
- Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA pondered the option of signing guys like Beltran and McCann at the cost of giving up a 1st round draft pick this offseason. That decision should tell us the true future direction of the franchise.
- On Thursday, Delia Enriquez of Bronx Baseball Daily mused on the possibility of the Yankees trading for Chase Headley.
- El duque of It Is High... commented on the differing of fan opinions on what to do with Curtis Granderson and how that's a perfect microcosm of the Yankees' organizational future.
- SG of RLYW played the projection game with Brian McCann to see what he could offer in terms of production at catcher and if that production was worth the contract it will take to sign him.
- On Friday, Derek Albin of Pinstriped Bible examined the lowered expectations for Derek Jeter in 2014, based both on historical numbers and Jeter's recent health problems.
- Clive Barker of The Greedy Pinstripes questioned MLB's case against Alex Rodriguez, how fair the punishment is and how real their evidence is, and commented on how those questions have changed how he feels about the case.
This week's jam is "Bleed American" by Jimmy Eat World. Great album this was, even if it took up about 96% of Jimmy Eat World's songwriting skills. This used to be in heavy rotation in high school Brad's music mix. Good tune.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
DotF: Robinson hits two homers in Staten Island’s win
10 minutes ago