I went out and got absolutely HAAAAAAAAMMERED drunk last night to celebrate my nonexistent Mexican heritage, so you're just getting a few bullet points.
- Hiroki Kuroda sucked in his 4.1 innings of work. The fact that he only pitched 4.1 innings and needed 90+ pitches to do so speaks to that.
- Felipe Paulino was money in his 6 innings, shutting the Yankee offense out and striking out 6.
- The only Yankee who really showed up on offense was Russell Martin (go figure). He had 3 hits, 2 for extra bases, and was responsible for the sole run thanks to his 3rd homer of the year.
- The bottom of the bullpen barrel (Rapada, Eppley, Garcia) did most of the heavy lifting after Kuroda left to keep the big arms available for today. Eppley allowed 2 runs.
- Martin: 3-4, 1 2B, 1 HR, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 K. Almost forgot he was on the team.
- RISP Fail: 0-9. The Yankees put 10 runners on base, almost all over them got into scoring position, and they only scored 1 run. This shit has to stop.
Series finale is in a few hours, with Phil Hughes on the mound trying to earn himself another start in the rotation and his team a series split.
Tuesday’s open thread
59 minutes ago