Let's get right to it. Onto the links!
- On Monday, SJK of NoMaas pointed out another glaring flaw in the front office's plan that Derek Jeter's continued injury problems this year have exposed.
- On Tuesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits attacked the 2014 payroll plans from all angles with a hypothetically reduced A-Rod suspension factored in.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had a collection of league-wide reactions to the Biogenesis suspensions.
- On Wednesday, Matt Imbrogno of IIATMS/TYA quickly and easily disproved Michael Kay's theory that David Robertson throws too many pitches to be a successful closer.
- SG of RLYW calculated the latest postseason probabilities to show just how bleak the Yankees' chances looked. And that was before Wednesday night's game.
- Joe Pawlikowski of RAB, inspired by a cool exercise by Donnie Collins, analyzed the collection of Yankee homegrown Major Leaguers to show how little impact talent they've developed.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog looked back at another historic moment in MLB history involving the Yankees, one of their big stars, the MLB commissioner, and a bunch of shady business.
- On Thursday, Matthew B of Yankees Fans Unite looked back at just how good the last 12 years have been, in case this season has you so far down in the dumps that you're becoming a spoiled Yankee fan.
- El duque of It Is High... summed up this season in one perfectly eye roll-inducing photo.
- Mason Stark of Pinstriped Bible looked back at the history of the Yankees turning picks into prospects in Part 3 of his series investigating their development of young pitching.
- On Friday, Alex Pugliese of Yanks Go Yard mused on the idea of fan reaction for A-Rod tonight and discussed how her reaction towards A-Rod will change based on this new steroid accusation.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes looked for a trade partner for Lyle Overbay as part of his series in selling off useful pieces now to build for the future.
In lieu of picking just 1 song from the QOTSA Lollapalooza set I missed last week, I'm going to throw the whole set up here for everyone to enjoy. IMO, the highlight is "I Sat by the Ocean" and "I Think I Lost My Headache" back-to-back towards the end.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
NYY News: Wayback Wednesday
1 hour ago