It's been almost a month since I last updated the Official AB4AR Shit List (in case you don't scroll down the page enough to see it on the sidebar), so it's time to tighten that up, set a ranking system, and issue ranks based on latest goings-on by the list members.
1) Rafael Soriano- He's a dick, he hasn't pitched well since Opening Day, he's robbing the team blind with that contract, and now he's probably going on the shelf for the rest of the season.
2) Randy Levine- A key cog in bringing Soriano to The Bronx. Still hasn't learned that he doesn't know a thing about baseball and should leave Cash to his own devices.
3) Joe's Bunting Strategy**- Newest member of the List, Joe's mismanagement of his bullpen is succeeded only by his never-ending desire to continue to play old-school NL baseball with his lineup and sacrifice outs for the chance to score 1 friggin' run.
4) Joe's Match-Up Binder- We haven't seen it much lately, but he's still too married to situations and pre-defined roles instead of watching the game and trusting his guys.
5) Damaso Marte- Is he even still alive?
6) Kei Igawa- Getting paid MILLIONS to pitch in Double-A. Awesome.
7) Nick Johnson- I think I'm almost over the latest Johnson fiasco. He always got hurt, I knew he was going to get hurt, and I shouldn't have been so upset that he got hurt.
So there's the latest list. You'll notice that a certain Mr. A.J. Burnett no longer appears anywhere. He hasn't done anything eye popping, but in fairness to the guy, he hasn't been horrible, he's giving his team a chance to win on a consistent basis, and a 4.02/4.50/3.95 tripleslash is not worthy of my hatred. So he's off. For now...
Gary Denbo Was Not The Yankees First Choice
1 hour ago