... To put all the petty crap behind us for a day and just be thankful for what we have, no matter how much or how little it may be. Every one of us has something we can be thankful for today, for example:
- Derek Jeter and his agent should be thankful that there's a team out there that actually wants to pay him to play shortstop next year.
- Jorge should be thankful that we never have to watch him flub a curveball in the dirt again.
- Joe should be thankful that by the time next season starts he will have a perfectly straight, pearly white smile instead of a 7th grade metal mouth.
- Joba should be thankful that there's no close game situation for him to come into today and give up 4 runs.
- Pretty much everybody that picked up a bat for the Yanks this past season should be thankful for Kevin Long.
And in about a month, Cliff Lee will have 140 million reasons to be thankful. So you see, people, we can and should be able to find something on this day to be thankful for and we can get back to the Yankee stuff tomorrow. So find that something, enjoy the time with your family today (even the people you secretly can't stand), raise a glass and toast to whatever it is that you're thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving, folks. Now start gorging yourselves.
Postgame notes: “It was just squishy”
22 minutes ago