My buddy from work is hosting an all-day pig roast at his friend's bar in Milwaukee tomorrow. $10 all you can eat. Not conducive at all to having to write West Coast game recaps. Consider that my pre-explanation for why there won't be one on Sunday. Now onto the links!
- On Tuesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog mused on Bud Selig's history of pursuing baseball's best interests and how that has all led up to his unfair singling out of Alex Rodriguez in the Biogenesis case.
- Mike Axisa of RAB discussed the Yankees putting themselves into the "no man's land" position I touched on earlier in the week thanks to their questionable roster construction/payroll management plan.
- Dan Dechenaux of Yanks Go Yard paid tribute to Hideki Matsui on his retirement day.
- On Wednesday, Rebecca Glass of This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes looked back on one of A-Rod's greatest Yankee moments, one she'll never forget regardless of how his Biogenesis punishment comes out.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud weighed the options the Yankees had with Phil Hughes at the deadline. We know now that they chose to hold him.
- Vizzini of NoMaas made an impassioned and very practical argument for why the Yankees should have traded Robinson Cano before the deadline.
- SG of RLYW used updated postseason projections to argue against the Yankees taking a buyer's position at the deadline.
- On Thursday, Michael Brown of Pinstriped Bible discussed the role timing played in the Yankees' inactive deadline, and how they might be better off because of it.
- Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA pointed out the biggest weakness Cash displayed in handling the roster this season, both before and at the deadline.
- Steve Lombardi of Was Watching reviewed David Robertson's previous closing experiences to question whether he was the right fit for Mo's successor.
- On Friday, el duque of It Is High... took a very interesting stance on the whole A-Rod/Yankees/MLB situation and how it should or shouldn't affect our fandom.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes riffed on the "Cash or Steinbrenners" decision debate and argued that not much has really changed when it comes to ownership gets the final say.
- Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits talked up Ivan Nova's big turnaround in performance since returning to the rotation.
This week's jam is more new stuff, this time from Pearl Jam. I finally caught "Mind Your Manners" on the radio the other day. Didn't even realize it was out and as usual it's some pretty good rock and roll. PJ might be the most consistent rock band of the last 25 years. Even if they didn't knock it out of the park, you could always count on their stuff to be good.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Two hits? No problem: Yankees win 3-2
2 hours ago