Just like last year, I'll be traveling to good old Baltimore (recently voted 8th most dangerous city in the US. SCORE!) for the NCAA Lacrosse Championships this weekend. That being the case, my updates on the site could be few and far between over the next 4 days. So to tie you, dear readers, over until I make my gallant return, here's another hot lap around the Yankosphere.
- 3460kuri of Pinstipe Alley wonders why Joe continues to platoon Brett Gardner against lefties when the numbers suggest he shouldn't. As usual, you can't argue with the numbers. But you can argue with Joe's logic. What else is new?
- Larry Koestler of TYA breaks down Nick Swisher's awful start to the season from pretty much every angle. I'd say a little more luck and a little less swinging at bad pitches should help the situation, no?
- Matt Warden of TYA has a hilarious flow chart that perfectly lays out where to point the finger when the Yankees lose. I imagine most of the typical Yankee callers into WFAN have this printed out and hanging up somewhere in their homes already.
- Jay Jaffe of Pinstriped Bible looks at how Buster Posey's unfortunate situation could affect the Yankees' plans with their horde of catchers. My favorite part was when he mentioned trading Cervelli.
- Mike Axisa of RAB has top prospect Slade Heathcott's K and BB rates charted out for his pro career to date. Lot to like there.
- Speaking of prospects, Tamar Chalker of IIATMS has a new prospect profile on Adam Warren. If he keeps pitching like he did earlier this week, Warren could be next in line for a call up when a spot starter is needed.
- First of 2 from William at The Captain's Blog. This one from Wednesday examines the recent offensive scuffles.
- And this one from yesterday is a trip down memory lane, all the way back to Mariano's first career appearance. Way to gun that one up to 88, William.
- Last is a recommended must-read to any Yankee fan. It's David Cone's recent interview with New York Magazine. In it, he discusses everything from advanced stats to his take on the Jorge situation to his affinity for motorcycles. David Cone is never not entertaining.
So that's it for today. Maybe I'll get on a computer to follow up on the weekend series with Seattle, maybe not. If not, everybody enjoy their Memorial Day weekend.
The terrifying epiphany of Local Bargain Jerk...
55 minutes ago