As I did with Andy Pettitte when he retired, here's a collection of the best stuff around related to Jorge's retirement.
- I know I linked to it in my own post this morning, but Buster Olney's piece on Jorge's career and his numbers is a must-read.
- The NY Times has a photographic look at Jorge's Yankee career.
- Tom Verducci's piece for SI does a good job of making a case for Jorge's inclusion in the HOF.
- At The Daily News, Bill Madden, if you're into that kind of thing, argues that Jorge's HOF case should be strengthened by the fact that he spent his entire career with one team.
- Kevin Kernan at The Post has a short, heartfelt piece on how Jorge deciding to hang them up was the right call.
- Mike at RAB takes a great trip down memory lane as he reviews "The Jorge Posada Game" against the Rangers on May 16, 2006. Either this or the ALCS double is Jorge's defining moment, so check this one out if you're not familiar.
** UPDATE- 1/10/12- 7:38AM- Jack Curry at YES has another great piece on Jorge, this one taking a bigger look at Jorge the person. **
Plague Theater: Mickey throws out Garvey
6 minutes ago