Short day for me today. Playing in my buddy's charity golf tournament again, although I'm not exactly sure playing golf with a burned-to-shit hand in 90+ degree weather and humidity and dodging thunderstorms is going to be much more fun than slacking off at the office. It'll probably turn into "drunkenly driving the cart around while my buddy hits in the pouring rain" at his charity golf tournament again pretty quickly. Now onto the links!
- On Tuesday, Chad Jennings of LoHud had a really cool collection of quotes about Mo from a bunch of his fellow ASG relief pitchers. There really might not be a more universally-respected person in all of pro sports than Mo.
- El duque of It Is High... checked out a recent SS Staten Island Yankee game and offered up his thoughts on the prospects he saw, including 2013 1st rounder Eric Jagielo.
- Mike Ashmore of Thunder Thoughts interviewed former top Yankee prospect Mark Melancon about his rise to Major League All Stardom after struggling early in his career.
- Abe Froman of NoMaas compared this season's ASB run differential to past years to see if there's a precedent for success based on the team's current -2 differential.
- On Wednesday, Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily unveiled his post-draft top 50 prospects rankings. Lotta new faces mixed in.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes proposed an interesting trade scenario involving a couple names not being discussed much.
- On Thursday, Mike Axisa of RAB weighed the "buy or sell" option for the Yankees as they approach the trade deadline. The poll results might surprise you.
- Jason Cohen of Pinstriped Bible had an interview with fringe pitching prospect Brett Gerritse. Love me some prospect interviews.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog investigated the idea of starting pitchers, specifically CC Sabathia, "pitching to score." Most CC haters would probably agree with this analysis.
- William Tasker of IIATMS/TYA looked back at former Yankee pitcher Ed Figueroa and his glory days of the 70s.
- On Friday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits wondered how much A-Rod has left in the tank now that his return is mere days away.
- Matthew B of Yankees Fans Unite had 5 big questions about the Yankees heading into the second half.
Going with a little Local H for this week's jam. Awesome band. Saw them in a crummy little bar tucked into a strip mall a few years back in Naperville with a buddy of mine. They packed about 400-500 people into a place that probably should have only held about half of that and Local H played for about 2 hours. $10 ticket for that show and 6-buck buckets of Old Style. That'll get it done.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Lessons to be learned from Aaron Judge's slump
27 minutes ago