Holy piss, is it really November already?? And of course everybody is already skipping over the awesomeness to come that is Thanksgiving and getting into full Christmas mode. It's lunacy. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas as much as the next person, but if you think Christmas is better than Thanksgiving you're wrong. Thanksgiving is the tits and it deserves its month in the sun, if for no other reason than wall-to-wall football for a day trumps wall-to-wall basketball. Worry about Christmas when Black Friday rolls around. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, SJK of NoMaas pointed to the Yankees' good Pythagoran and 1-run luck in 2013 as a reminder that they're worse than an 85-win team that needs an upgrade.
- Stacey Gotsulias of IIATMS/TYA commented on the Yankee Stadium culture change in the new stadium and how that change influenced her decision to not renew her season tickets. Have to think there's a lot of other fans out there who share her sentiments.
- On Tuesday, Mike Axisa of RAB proposed the idea of locking up David Robertson long-term and why it would be better to do it now before he becomes the team's new closer.
- On Wednesday, Matt Bove of The Greedy Pinstripes compared Shin-Soo Choo and Carlos Beltran as possible OF free agent targets.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud reviewed the current organizational depth in right field. At this point in time it's not looking good for next season out there. Definitely in need of an upgrade.
- On Thursday, Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily profiled 2013 draft pick Caleb Smith as a possible breakout prospect candidate in 2014.
- Alex Pugliese of Yanks Go Yard pointed out that Joe Girardi has his work cut out for him now that he's re-signed, and suggested his toughest challenges as Yankee manager are still to come.
- El duque of It Is High... lamented the polar opposite directions in which the Yankees and Red Sox are heading as organizations in the wake of Boston's latest World Series title.
- On Friday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Alley mused on the possibility of dangling Brett Gardner as trade bait this offseason. I mentioned him in reference to the Cards earlier in the week, but if there are other teams that would be interested, the Yankees should be open to the idea.
Going back to some old school hip-hop for this Friday's jam with "Can I Kick It" by A Tribe Called Quest. If this doesn't make your head nod even a little bit then I feel bad for you.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Tuesday’s open thread
1 hour ago