I'm holding down the fort at IIATMS/TYA this weekend while some of the other writers are on vacation and working, so it's double blog duty and a quiet weekend for me. Between that and my 9-5 cube monkey job, I'm probably staring at carpal tunnel sometime in the near future. Awesome. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, SG of RLYW ran some numbers, both offensive and defensive, to show how much the Yankees are missing Derek Jeter at short this season.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog attempted to put Phil Hughes' production into the proper perspective and then questioned if the Yankees could do better than that.
- On Tuesday, el duque of It Is High... went a step further and started to think about what the Yankees could get back if they traded Hughes.
- Bryan Van Dusen of The Greedy Pinstripes combed the Brewers roster for potential trade targets in anticipation of them possibly being sellers at the deadline.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB updated his Top 30 Prospects list in preparation for the draft.
- Rob Abruzzese of Bronx Baseball Daily looked at what could happen if all the Yankees connected to Biogenesis really do get suspended.
- Brian Heyman of LoHud got some commentary from both Mark Teixeira and Joe Girardi on what it means to have Teix back in the lineup and how he feels about his swing so far.
- Mike Eder of IIATMS/TYA broke down 2 of CC Sabathia's recent starts to see if there were any mechanical explanations for the difference in pitch movement. Hey, as long as we aren't talking velocity.
- SJK of NoMaas got nostalgic about Jason Giambi and compared his offensive output in pinstripes to that of Mark Teixeira for anyone who still hates Giambi to look at.
- On Thursday, fishjam25 of Yankees Fans Unite commented on the changes Brett Gardner has made to his offensive game this season.
- Andrew Mearns of Pinstriped Bible ranked the top 10 draft picks in Yankee history.
This afternoon's Friday Jam is "Highway Star" by Deep Purple. I don't think this song needs an explanation.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
NYY News: Rule 5 protection day
3 hours ago