Since I blew the Yanks-Sawx ST live blog, I'm thinking it's time to break that seal for 2014 and make up for it this Sunday night. Don't mark it on your calendars yet, but be on the lookout for confirmation sometime this weekend. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits rifled through the last 20 years of bad, small sample size offensive seasons to find the 5 worst in team history. No surprise that 2 of them came from last season.
- On Tuesday, Mike Axisa of RAB pointed out the great job the Yankee rotation has done commanding the strike zone so far.
- Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA put Masahiro Tanaka and his first MLB start under the PITCHf/x microscope to see what it could teach us about his approach going forward.
- Matt Mirro of Yanks Go Yard mused on ways to keep Yangervis Solarte's bat in the lineup when Teix returns. If he keeps hitting like he has been, that's something Joe will have to figure out.
- On Thursday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Alley proposed the idea of trading Gary Sanchez for a useful Major League piece and looked for some previous trade comparisons to establish a baseline for return value.
- SJK of NoMaas broke down the Yankees' first 9 games to find their strengths, weaknesses, and explanations for the sub-.500 start.
- On Friday, Chad Jennings of LoHud had more on the budding relationship between Brian McCann and the pitching staff.
- El duque of It Is High... commented on the change in John Sterling's HR call agenda and how his calls have started to lose their luster as a result.
This Friday's jam is "Slacken" by Truckfighters. These dudes couldn't sound more like they're from Cali if they tried, but they're actually Swedish. They're swinging through Milwaukee in mid-May and I intend to see them when they do.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
NYY news: Long, cold winter
3 hours ago