As is inconsistent tradition on Friday afternoons, it's time again for another batch of links to get you through the rest of your work week. Today we're just taking a hot lap around the Yankosphere and seeing what the best in the industry have to offer.
- It's been out there for a few days already, but if you haven't checked it out, Sensei John Kreese of NoMaas talked to Sr. VP of Baseball Ops Mark Newman about the new CBA and how it affects the Yankees. Must read, it's as simple as that.
- William of The Captain's Blog examined Bernie Williams' HOF candidacy, both in the context of comparing him to other CFers and comparing him to his steroid-tainted peers from his era. As a Yankee fan, I'd love to see Bernie get in, but I don't see how it happens.
- Also on the topic of 'roids, Brien of IIATMS explains his rationale for not considering PED use when he looks at HOF candidates. If only all the voters felt the same way.
- Brandon C. of Pinstripe Alley discusses Jorge Posada, who has yet to officially retire or be signed by another club, and how he could potentially damage his Yankee legacy if he decides to play in 2012. For me, it was permanently damaged after he took himself out of the lineup against the Fraud Sawx.
- Larry Koestler at RAB takes a graphical look at just how good the Yankee starting pitching was in 2011, and makes a couple of other good observations.
- Lastly, if you haven't been checking out the "Trade Match" Series that my colleague at TYA Steve S. has been doing, you're doing yourself an incredible disservice. He talks about Chad Billingsley here, Matt Cain here, and if you go back further you can find a few more. Definitely fun to read if you're looking to start up some interesting trade talks in the comments section.
NYY news: Take Mahomes, Country Roads
2 hours ago