Well it's official, gang. Operation "Finally Get Brad's Sorry Ass to the New Yankee Stadium" is underway. The series has been settled on (Friday 9/6 through Sunday 9/8 vs. the Sawx; couldn't do the full 4 games), the flight has been booked, and 2 of the 3 games' tickets have been purchased. Not sure how or if I'm even going to attempt to work that weekend into the blog, but I'll try to think of something that doesn't have at least a 75% chance of me standing over a beer-soaked laptop cursing at myself. The important thing is I'll finally get to see it, I'll never have to say I've never been again, and if I'm lucky I'll get to see Mo pitch live one more time. Good stuff. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, el duque of It Is High... threw in the towel on the season and started musing on some interesting seller trade possibilities.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog looked at the historically bad drop-off in power for this year's team, if you wanted to know just how bad it really is.
- Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits made a very compelling case for a player I don't think I've seen mentioned as a trade target anywhere else.
On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB discussed Robinson Cano's new contract in the context of Dustin Pedroia's extension and showed how there's little to be determined there.
- Martin Riggs of NoMaas pointed out the recent struggles of the rotation and how that's not exactly helping the weak lineup's cause right now. The starting pitching has been much better since this post.
- Alex Pugliese of Yanks Go Yard explained why it's time to start worrying about CC Sabathia. If the big fella doesn't turn it around tonight, I might have to agree.
- On Thursday, Jesse Schindler of Pinstriped Bible asked if Travis Hafner could be down to his last days as a Yankee. With the way he's hitting, I wouldn't mind at all if he was.
- Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA argued that the idea of a "rebuilding year" for the Yankees is not something they'll likely consider.
- On Friday, Chad Jennings of LoHud had the latest updates and video of Derek Jeter's rehab situation. Sounds like Saturday could be a possibility for him.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes, fresh from the Yanks officially adding Soriano, looked ahead to his next trade target.
- SG of RLYW, also fresh from the Soriano addition, looked back at the move and the big picture to explain why he hates the trade.
This Friday's jam is "Bagboy," the new song from The Pixies and the first new song they've released in almost forever. New stuff from The Pixies is never a bad time.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
This Day In New York Yankees History 8/20: Whitey Ford Day
51 minutes ago