As the rotation cycles back around to Phil Hughes' turn again, and he makes his first start since his outstanding complete game against Detroit last Sunday, it's worth taking a look at the individual performances of each member of the rotation the last time through. Take notice of who had the worst outing.
- Hughes: 9 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 8 K (W)
- Pettitte: 7.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 10 K (W)
- Nova: 8.0+ IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K (W)
- Sabathia: 7.0 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 12 K (L)
- Kuroda: 7.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 K (W)
There really isn't a bad outing to be found in there, and I'll take rotation-wide production like this 25 hours a day/8 days a week, but the big fella was thoroughly outpitched by the rest of his rotation mates. We're living in a world where CC Sabathia is presently the Yankees' worst starting pitcher. It's some straight up bizarro world shit, and it can only be the latest sign that the end of days are near, but I'm OK with it.
Open Thread: March 29th Camp Notes
1 hour ago