Is it me or did it feel like it took longer for this offseason and spring to pass than it did the past few seasons? I don't know, it just seems like it's been almost a year since I've watched a Yankee game. Good thing we've only got to wait 3 more. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog took a historical look at the high turnover in this year's expected Opening Day lineup.
- Mark Panuthos of Bronx Baseball Daily took a skeptical look at the upcoming MLB season. I like the cut of your jib, Panuthos.
- Mike Eder of IIATMS/TYA broke down Vernon Wells' past few seasons to try to find reasons to be optimistic about the trade.
- On Tuesday, Mason Stark of Pinstriped Bible did some serious analysis on the Yankees' history of developing young pitchers in Part 2 of the 2-part investigation. Definitely check out Part 1 first if you haven't already.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud pointed out the problem the Yanks are going to have with available 40-man roster spots as a result of their continued roster moves. But please, get rid of more useful, cheap, team-controlled young players to make room for washed up veterans.
- On Wednesday, Alex Pugliese of Yanks Go Yard mused on some potential candidates for new team captain after Derek Jeter retires.
- SJK of NoMaas questioned how Brian Cashman truly feels about the recent string of roster additions and expressed his desire for Cash to speak out so we know how much to really blame him.
- On Thursday, fishjam25 of Yankees Fans Unite listed the 10 reasons to like this year's team. I'm having a hard time getting on board with all 10, but check them out and judge for yourself.
- Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits commented on the concern for CC Sabathia's pitching elbow, and provided a cool visual to clue us in on what to look for as a sign of trouble.
- Mike Axisa of RAB capped off his season preview series with a player-by-player look at the long list of injured guys.
- El duque of It Is High... came up with a great suggestion for Tim McCarver's replacement.
- On Friday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes wrapped up his 2013 predictions series with his picks for the 2013 postseason.
- Fernando Alejandro of Respect Jeter's Gangster commented on the latest garbage to come out of Randy Levine's mouth. Funny how Levine always seems to say the wrong thing, huh?
This week's Friday Jam is "Circles" by Incubus. I just realized yesterday that I've never played any Incubus in the Palooza, and this song is fitting for this season as it looks like some of the Yankees' big expenditures are coming back around to haunt them.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody. Here's your first reminder that I'll be doing another Opening Day live blog on Monday. Clear your schedules.
Carlos Correa is the villain baseball deserves
3 hours ago