Supposed to be going to the Milwaukee Zoo for the first time since moving out here tomorrow. I'm pretty stoked. I'm a big zoo guy, and I think it's a disgrace to myself and my own existence that I haven't made it to a zoo that I live 15 minutes away from in 6+ years. If I had serious money, I would build and open my own zoo where all the animals had generic people names. You can't try and tell me you wouldn't want to go see a hippo named Steve and a kangaroo named Walter. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes recapped all of the Derek Jeter farewell ceremonies and gifts to date. Gotta say the Cubs' gift was the best.
- Mike Axisa of RAB identified Yangervis Solarte's expansion of the strike zone as the primary cause for this latest slump.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had a lot of updates on every level of the farm system.
- On Tuesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits discussed some of the biggest unexpected stories of the Yankee season thus far.
- On Wednesday, Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley commented on the all-around disappointing season that Gary Sanchez is having.
- - Katie Sharp of IIATMS/TYA used what we know and the numbers we have on Chase Whitley to try to predict what we'd see from him moving forward.
- Delia Enriquez of Bronx Baseball Daily had Adam Warren's thoughts on his role in the bullpen and how open he would be to changing back to a starter.
- On Thursday, el duque of It Is High... wondered if Big Mac's big Wednesday night can be the start of his offensive breakout.
- SJK of NoMaas had a suggestion for Cash on where he should look to find the source of the team's average performance this season.
Going back to a familiar and favorite well this week with some Deftones. Hadn't heard this song for a few years until it came up on the iPod shuffle earlier this week.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
JORDAN MONTGOMERY: BACK ON THE HILL AGAIN
23 minutes ago