I got nothing this week. Just looking forward to a Sunday sports day of Rangers, Blackhawks, Lamarcus Aldridge, and Yanks-Halos. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Caitlin Rogers of Pinstripe Alley pondered what the Yankees could do with Brian Roberts if he continues to not perform offensively.
- Mike Axisa of RAB looked to the early pitch type percentage breakdowns to see what major changes CC Sabathia was making to his pitching approach.
- On Wednesday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits examined the shift in Brett Gardner's BB rate and the resulting shift in his overall offensive performance.
- SJK of NoMaas stressed the importance of Derek Jeter maintaining a strong BB rate if his power is going to stay as low as it is early on.
- On Thursday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog commented on the problems with MLB's rule book and inconsistencies in the enforcement of those rules that the Michael Pineda situation exposed.
- Matt Bove of IIATMS/TYA pointed out the downtrend in the production of Kelly Johnson and Yangervis Solarte, another sign that the Yankees should look for more infield depth.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily dished a heaping helping of observations from a few MiL games he's taking in early in the season.
- On Friday, John M of It Is High... put today's offensive numbers into historical perspective to give the appropriate amount of context to all the talk about the game becoming too "pitcher dominated" today.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud looked back at the eventful road trip that was. When you stop and think about it, there really was a lot that happened in the last week. Damn.
- SG of RLYW summed up the problem with Mark Teixeira's production in one definitive graph.
New Mastodon is out! It got leaked early last week, formally released late last week, and I finally caught up to it this week.
It's definitely catchy but I'm hoping the rest of the album isn't as linear as this. I bet it won't be. You always have to have one song that will be a good fit for radio play. This is most likely that song.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
NYY News: The latest injury updates
1 hour ago