* Rob Neyer weighs in on the impact of Phil Hughes working on his changeup as he prepares to compete for the 5th spot in the starting rotation this season. Neyer also becomes the latest to point out the stupidity of innings limitations.
* George King of the Post speculates on whether or not the Yankees will go after 21-year-old (or his actually 19?) Cuban defector Adeinis Hechavarria, and whether or not Hechavarria will become Jeter's replacement at SS or find his way into the outfield.
* Joe Pawlikowski at River Ave. Blues also weighs in on Hechavarria and provides some video highlights of his play in Cuba.
* Steve S. at TYU breaks down the numbers to examine Robinson Cano's potential as the #2 hitter in the lineup. (Side Note: While I'm more than willing to look at numbers, I don't want Cano anywhere near the 2-spot in the lineup)
* Jon Heyman is Tweeting that suddenly everybody wants a piece of Johnny Damon. The smart money would be on this Tweet coming right after Scott Boras took Heyman out for lunch and a massage.
* Matt at Fack Youk looks back at the careers of the retiring Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas, 2 of the only older stars of the 90s that the Yankees didn't sign at some point in the 2000s.
* And Lenny Neslin reminds us that there are only 4 days until we can stop pretending to care about a potential LeBron-Kobe NBA Finals, whether or not Alex Ovechkin will lead the Caps to a Stanley Cup, or if UNC and UConn will miss the NCAA tournament (Secret: they won't).
Enjoy the rest of your weekends and your Valentine's Day, Yankee fans. Make sure your wives/girlfriends stay the fuck out of the way while the Daytona 500, NBA All-Star Game, and the Olympics are all on tomorrow. Then make sure you make it up to them for staying out the way by taking them out to a nice dinner and giving them a foot massage. That should be enough to keep you from spending the night on the couch. I think.
44 minutes ago