It's only been a week since the last list, but there have been some major changes here. Guys who I had as sure things last week now look like they're going to be on the outside looking in, and through some stroke of evil black magic, I think we're all going to be exposed to A.J. Burnett being a part of the playoff 25-man. That's just a frightening thought, but you know what? THE FACKING FRAUD SAWX AHH NAWT GOING TO BE THEY-AH!!!! So that makes it a little better.
Here's my final prediction:
Top 25 as of 9/29/11-
1) CC Sabathia
2) Mariano Rivera
3) Robinson Cano
4) Curtis Granderson
5) Dave Robertson
6) Nick Swisher
7) Derek Jeter
8) Mark Teixeira
9) Russell Martin
10) Brett Gardner
11) Ivan Nova
12) Alex Rodriguez
13) Rafael Soriano
14) Freddy Garcia
15) Eric Chavez
16) Andruw Jones
17) Boone Logan (even though he's been dog ass lately)
18) Eduardo Nunez
19) Cory Wade
20) Chris Dickerson
21) Jorge Posada- It wasn't looking nearly as good for Whore-Gay this time last week. But a key HR here, a base hit there, some solid defensive plays, and the fact that the Detroit Tigers have never even heard of a left-handed pitcher makes him a virtual lock now.
22) Hector Noesi- He tired in his spot start earlier in the week, but after watching the rest of the September call-ups and scrap heap pieces like Scott Proctor shit the bed for the past few weeks, you have to think Joe is smart enough to realize Noesi is his most reliable "Swiss Army Knife" guy for the 'pen.
23) Jesus Montero- The Earth stood still last night as we waited for word on Montero's hand. But the X-rays were negative and reportedly all is well. We probably won't see him much, but having The Jesus lingering on the bench as a pinch-hitting option is a good idea.
24) Phil Hughes- All of this goes out the window if he wakes up tomorrow with yellow fever or shingles or something, but it looks like Joe has already decided that Phil is going to be one of his guys for the playoff 'pen. And velocity or not, Hughes did work through his 2 extended auditions without allowing a run this week.
25) A.J. Burnett- I don't know how it happened, or why. But I honestly think A.J. did enough in his last start against Bahhston and in his Yankee reliever debut last night to earn Joe's trust. I personally don't think he deserves to be there, and I would take Bartolo over A.J., but I think Joe wanted A.J. all along and can justify taking him in his own mind after A.J.'s recent outings.
Also Receiving Votes (Barely)-
26) Raul Valdes- Because I can see Joe getting cute and going with another LOOGY now that he has Hughes and A.J. available to eat up some of Noesi's long-man innings.
27) Austin Romine- If Jorge or Jesus trips and falls down the stairs tonight.
28) Bartolo Colon- I would have more faith in Colon than I would in A.J. in a tight spot, but I think Bart's bad timing with his late-season flameout while A.J. pitched his best game of the year was his undoing. It's a shame too, because Bart was a big part in keeping the Yankee rotation afloat earlier in the year. But I think he's getting the shaft.
29) Luis Ayala- Not unless 2 guys ahead of him die. He completely fucked himself last night.
AJ Pierzynski with a rare non-dbag comment
11 minutes ago