It's Opening Day, so obviously sitting around checking the Yankosphere isn't anybody's highest priority. But that still won't stop me from giving the best of the best their props for a job well done. So when you're done watching the game, come check out the best of the week that was. Onto the links.
- On Monday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog examined the Montero-for-Pineda trade through the lens of the recent trend of teams extending their young stars to long-term deals.
- EJ Fagan of TYA questioned the Montero-Pineda trade and explained why, given Pineda's recent injury issues, he wouldn't have made it.
- Brien Jackson of IIATMS took a stab at predicting how long Michael Pineda's rehab timetable will be.
- On Tuesday, Rebecca Glass of the recently resurrected This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes mused on Ivan Nova's spring struggles and why it's still important for him to pitch well this season.
- On Wednesday, FJ25 of Yankees Fans Unite discussed how the Yankees can use their failures with developing Joba and Hughes as a blueprint for how to get it right with Pineda.
- Mike Ashmore of Thunder Thoughts had a profile post on Trenton reliever Chase Whitley, who could make his way onto many top prospect lists with another good season this year.
- On Thursday, Curtis Clark of Bronx Baseball Daily took a position-by-position look at the Yankees defensively. If Brett Gardner doesn't win a Gold Glove this season, the award should be done away with.
- Josh Norris of Minor Matters got a quick interview with the rehabbing Jeremy Bleich. Bleich is a former top pick and hopefully he can make it back to the mound this season.
- Jay Jaffe of Pinstriped Bible weighed in with the 5 biggest questions he has about the 2012 Yankees.
- The always on point Mark Feinsand of the Daily News offered up his round of predictions for the 2012 season.
- Matt Hunter of Yanks Go Yard listed the 3 things to pay attention to in the first week of the season.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had a great post on David Phelps' reaction to making the 25-man roster. His family will be in the house this weekend to hopefully see him make his big league debut. Major +1 to Phelps for the Willie Mays Hayes reference.
- On Friday, el duque of It Is High... offered his 5 predictions for the 2012 season. No surprise to see he's not confident in the rotation.
- Mike Axisa of RAB offered up his opinions on Joe's recent lineup decisions against right-handed and left-handed pitchers and how Eduardo Nunez factors into those decisions.
As for the Friday Jam, if you've been a regular reader of AB4AR for a while and you don't know what song I'm playing today for Opening Day, then I just don't know what to tell you. Happy Opening Day, everybody. Let's go Yankees!
Enjoy your Easter weekends, people.
Should the Yankees Make a Play for Chris Sale?
20 minutes ago