It was a long day spent in front of customers and sitting in a company car, my foot hurts from playing basketball after work, and my combination of 'Shaggy from "Scooby Doo"'-style hair and mountain man beard is starting to become a hassle, so I'm just not in the mood to be creative, insightful, or clever tonight. So to fill your need for high-quality Yankee goodness, I'll just hand it over to the best posts from the upper echelon of the Yankosphere.
- EJ Fagan from TYA compares the Yankee farm system from 4 years ago to today's system and shows how much better the 2011 edition is because of the better 2nd and 3rd-tier prospects in the 2011 MiL system. Not only are they better (and by "better" I mean "waaaaaaaaay better), but there is also greater depth in the system than in 2007. That's a good thing.
- William of the always entertaining Captain's Blog, playing on the potential for 6'11" Andrew Brackman to make his Yankee debut this season, tells the tale of former Yankee Slim Love, the last Yankee to be the tallest player in baseball, who accomplished that feat in 1916. He was also the first Yankee to have a name that made him sound like one of the Cash Money Millionaires.
- Brien at IIATMS continues his series of posts destroying baseball curmudgeon Murrary Chass. Point for Brien for calling out Chass for sucking. Bonus point for bagging on old people.
- Mike Axisa of RAB, continues his tradition of being a draft guru by looking at some potential signability draft targets for the Yankees. Ahh to have money to spend on high-end talent that other teams are too scared to pay.
/raises brandy snifter and smokes expensive cigar lit with old $50 bills
- One of my favorite yearly posts is Chad Jennings of LoHud's look inside the Yankee locker room, and this year's ST edition is no exception. Is it bad that I always finish reading these posts and then think about whose lockers I would go and try to steal stuff from?
Tuesday Night Open Thread
1 hour ago