They're closing down the highway into Milwaukee this weekend so they can rebuild a section of train bridge. It's the latest in the long line of highway upgrade-related work and delays that are going to plague the state of Wisconsin for the next few years. I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to forget that it's closed every time I go to get on the highway to get to and from my girlfriend's house this weekend. It's going to be awful. I am not a smart man. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Mike Axisa of RAB broke down the change Brian McCann made to his swing that was returning good results before the ASB.
- SJK of NoMaas showed why the Yankees should strongly consider being sellers at the deadline.
- On Tuesday, Matt Provenzano of Pinstripe Alley investigated the strange disagreement between Jacoby Ellsbury's defensive stats and the eye test.
- On Wednesday, Dan Barbarisi of The WSJ revealed the top answers to questions from his clubhouse survey. Lotta good categories in here.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud summed up the Yankee first half in 44 sentences.
- On Thursday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits showed how a change in Brett Gardner's approach has led to a flip-flopping of his on-base and power outputs with no negative net change in his production.
- El duque of It Is High... lamented the major letdown that Carlos Beltran has been this season.
- Delia Enriquez of Bronx Baseball Daily identified the 6 biggest storylines of the upcoming second half.
- On Friday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes advocated for gutting the farm in the form of a big trade if the opportunity presents itself. I would wholeheartedly agree.
- Katie Sharp of IIATMS/TYA dug deeper into the Yankees' team-wide struggles at home this season.
Going back to a familiar and favorite well for this week's Friday jam. Queens of the Stone Age, "A Song for the Deaf". Seems fitting.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody. Look for that announcement on Sunday...
The Coaching Staff’s Last Ride [2017 Season Review]
50 minutes ago