The Linkapalooza returns for Round 1 of 2013! Hope everybody's New Year's celebration was as enjoyable as mine. For as much as I was dreading coming back to the office this week, I've actually been really productive. It's almost like the parts of my brain that function as an adult subconsciously drove me to work hard and smile at people to get the new year off to the right start, or some crap like that. Not sure how I feel about it. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Brien Jackson of IIATMS wrapped up 2012 with his Top 10 Worst and Top 10 Best moments of the past season. Hard to argue with a lot of his picks.
- On Tuesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits made a case for the Yankees trying to snag Mike Napoli out from under Bahhston. I'd be really wary of it given the now increased health concerns, but Derek's idea of 1-year offer to minimize risk is a good one.
- Vizzino of NoMaas started comparing the Yankees and Blue Jays by seeing how their planned 2013 rotations stack up.
- Delia E. of Yankees Fans Unite had a list of ideal Yankee New Year's resolutions for 2013. I can't argue with the list, but I'm predicting that they'll all be broken by August 1st.
- On Wednesday, Jimmy Kraft of Yanks Go Yard asked if the Yanks should go after FA pitcher Shaun Marcum. It'd be nice, but I think Cash will have to stay away because of the dollars.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes mused on the possibility of the Yanks trading for Giancarlo Stanton, a possibility that seems extremely remote because of their lack of high-level prospects.
- On Thursday, Steve Skinner of Bleeding Yankee Blue expressed his optimism that Derek Jeter will return better than ever from his ankle injury next season. Wish I shared the vibe, dude, but props for being an optimist.
- Mike Axisa of RAB had a very interesting take on the idea that the Yankees have a competitive advantage when it comes to signing veterans for less money, something that could help them get to the $189 million goal.
- El duque of It Is High... had an absolutely hilarious rant on how Mark Teixeira chooses to use his Twitter account.
- Andrew Mearns of Pinstriped Bible discussed the possibility of Mark Montgomery and Slade Heathcott making the show in 2013. It's aggressive, but it'd be fun to watch.
- On Friday, Mike Eder of TYA poked fun at the stupidity of the BBWAA, a well-timed joke now that news is trickling out about there possibly not being a single player voted into the HOF this year.
For the first Friday Jam of the year, HOLY TITS YOU GUYS THERE'S NEW ALICE IN CHAINS!!!!!!!! I know this has been out for a few weeks, and I'm woefully behind the times for what is supposed to be one of my favorite bands, but I stumbled across this last night and it rules. Seriously, Alice In Chains is the fucking balls, even with DuVall instead of Layne. Alice In Chains is always going to be awesome and if you disagree you're wrong.
Yeah. You kids like that? I know you did. Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
This Day In New York Yankees History 3/8
5 hours ago