The rain let up long enough for the Yankees to get in a 4-3 win today. It was Masahiro Tanaka's second start and the first game of the year for both Mark Teixeira and Alfonso Soriano.
- Tanaka's second start was a different kind of good from his first. He went 3 innings and threw 41 pitches, gave up a solo HR, walked nobody, struck out 1, and recorded 7 of his outs on the ground. Not bad for a 90-minute rain delay.
- Teix and Soriano combined to go 0-6 with Soriano whiffing 3 times. Clearly the lost time from that flu bug has him behind. Derek Jeter got his first hits of the spring with a 2-3 day.
- Michael Pineda will make his first appearance since ST 2012 today in relief of Hirok. Joe announced yesterday that Manny Banuelos will do the same for an inning on Saturday.
- CC Sabathia threw a simulated game in the morning. David Phelps threw a bullpen session.
- Another step forward for Tyler Austin, who hit off a tee without any discomfort.
Girardi yanks struggling Chapman as closer
1 hour ago