Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Worst Part Of Hot Stove Season So Far

(Screen cap courtesy of ESPN.com)

I don't know why I was surprised to see this on my TV last night, but I damn near coughed water all over my screen when I picked my head up and saw Bobby V, unbuttoned tie-less white guy gangsta swag and all, chumming it up with Terry Francona as they talked about the stuff that comes with managing the Fraud Sawx.

Are they any lows that ESPN won't stoop to in order to keep their beloved Fraud Sawx at the forefront of their baseball coverage?  I mean, we haven't heard a peep about what the team's offseason plans are other than offering arbitration to Big Sloppi and then BOOM!  Fraud Sawx managerial ho-down right in your fucking grill.  It's pathetic.  The Marlins are trying to scoop up every big name player out there, Albert Pujols is weighing offers from them and the Cardinals, there's rumors surrounding the FA pitching group, Hanley Ramirez is pissed, the Yankees are laying in the weeds watching everything unfold, and yet ESPN decides the best thing to do is stick the current and most recent Fraud Sawx managers together to suck each other's dicks for five minutes.  Hot Stove coverage at its finest, folks!

I'll make it real simple.  Managing the Fraud Sawx is a shitty job because of all the prima donnas in the clubhouse, the upper management and ownership just waiting to cut your throat and smear you in the media, and the equally idiotic local media and fanbase.  Working for ESPN is a tits job because you can come on the air, say whatever you want without any knowledge base or support to back up your theories, be completely subjective when talking about any team, ignore statistics that tell the true story, and not be held accountable for anything.

P.S.- I was shocked they didn't have Buster Olney standing by to give updates on the discussion between Francona and Valentine and what it meant for the Fraud Sawx moving forward.

No comments: