In case you missed any of it, here's how the Yankees' day went yesterday.
- Joba was put on the DL with a strained elbow flexor muscle.
- To replace him on the roster, the Yankees claimed former MiL batting practice pitcher Jeff Marquez off waivers from the White Sox. Then they optioned Hector Noesi down to SWB and replaced him with Amaury Sanit. All that added up to a bullpen last night that consisted of Mo, D-Rob, Boone Logan, Luis Ayala, Marquez, Sanit, and Lance Pendleton.
- Not long after that, Russell Martin's back acted up on him and he was scratched from the lineup in the afternoon.
- A.J. was the worst version of Bad A.J. we've seen all year, giving up 7 earned runs on 7 hits and 4 walks in just 5.2 innings, and generating just 4 swings and misses on his 105 pitches thrown.
- A.J. compounded his ineffectiveness by not hitting or buzzing any of the Red Sox batters, neither early in the game as retribution or late in the game after they had shelled him to send a message. But he did intentionally walk J.D. Drew.
- Francisco Cervelli airmailed 2 throws on attempted steals into the outfield.
- Curtis Granderson went 0-5 with 2 Ks.
- Brett Gardner failed to score on a wild pitch in the 6th that went all the way back to the wall behind the plate, despite Jeter waving him home almost as soon as the ball got away.
- Jeter followed that up with an inning-ending and rally-killing GIDP.
- Eduardo Nunez managed to successfully foul a ball off his own face.
- The Yankees lost their 7th out of 8 against the Fraud Sawx so far this season, 11-6, and lost the lead in the AL East.
Just a complete shit pile anyway you look at it. Somebody hit the music...
NYY News: Marcell Ozuna linked to Yanks
3 hours ago