Did this feel like a slow week to anybody else? Like painfully slow? My body feels like it should be late Saturday afternoon already, and for all they did on the field, the news and coverage of the Yankees this week seemed to be lacking. Really killed my blogging vibe, brah. Whatever. Onto the links!
- On Tuesday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes made his case for dumping Kelly Johnson and trading for Martin Prado. Not a move I'd make, but to each his own.
- Jesse Schindler of Pinstripe Alley wondered if it was time to call up Jose Pirela. I wouldn't hate it if it was.
- On Wednesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog commented on the Yankees' poor team defense and how it speaks to the half-hearted attempts to build a truly contending ballclub.
- Mike Axisa of RAB broke down the potential trade targets among the Cubs pitching staff. What the hell? I'd make an offer for Shark.
- SJK of NoMaas made his picks for who he'd dump and who he'd call up to shake up the offense.
- William Tasker of IIATMS/TYA talked about how the advancements in baseball coverage and analysis have changed the kind of fan he is. I think it's something a lot of us can relate to.
- On Thursday, Chad Jennings of LoHud had another big batch of Minor League news and notes. Everything that's going on with everybody.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily highlighted the prospects and MiL guys who've been hot this month.
- On Friday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits looked into the possibility that Vidal Nuno could improve and unfortunately came up empty. Might as well get used to him, folks.
- El duque of It Is High... lamented the lost luster to this weekend's Yanks-Sawx series. I hadn't really thought about that until now, but yeah. Both these teams do kinda suck.
Got some "Evil Eye" by Fu Manchu as this week's Friday jam. Yep, the vibe's back.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Which Yankees pitchers changed the most in 2017?
2 hours ago