(Can somebody give Joe a high five? Courtesy of The AP)
No time for an intro this morning. Here's the quick hits.
- David Phelps pitched 4.1 innings of 1-run ball and struck out 8. He was a bit wild, though (3 BB, 2 HBP), and left in the 5th after reaching his pitch count limit.
- David Price was filthy with his curveball last night, and held the Yankees to just 1 run through 7 IP, with 8 Ks of his own.
- Boone Logan left a slider up to Carlos Pena in the 7th that Pena crushed for a 3-1 TB lead.
- Kyle Farnsworth walked the yard in the 8th to set up the Yankee comeback.
- Big offensive plays for the Yanks on the night: Teix's solo HR in the 7th, A-Rod's bases-loaded walk in the 8th, Cano's 2-run single in the 8th that plated the game-winning run.
- Robinson Cano: 2-5, 2 RBI, 1 K, 4 LOB. Timely hits are the best kind of hits.
- Cody Eppley: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 K. Won't get nearly the credit today that he deserves for bridging the gap from Phelps to the late-inning guys.
- Logan: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 1 HR, 2 K. He made a bad pitch to a power hitter, it's going to happen sometimes.
- Russell Martin: 0-4, 1 K, 5 LOB. Down to .178 on the year. Where did all this team's catching depth go??
Off day today before a big 3-game series against the Fraud Sawx this weekend.