Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mets Camp Is Going Pretty Well, Huh?

Here's the man who is paid significant amounts of money by the New York Mets to manage the professional careers of 25 other men saying... something?

“I talk about patience,” the manager said. “Right now, I’m out of it . So I’ve got to regain it. I’ve got to go back tonight and have my wife beat me up so I can find my patience again.

I had a buddy that used to have a bear — a pet bear. He used to, when he got mad, the bear would go kick him around the cage. And he finally said, ‘OK, I’m back down to earth now.’ ” (via Hardball Talk)

Just when the Mets make you think they've hit rock bottom as a professional sports organization, they plow right on through and keep sinking to new depths.  I mean, what the hell is going on with this team??? 

Their owners are incompetent boobs at best, possible dirty criminals at worst, who are being sued for half a gajillion dollars; their best player is out with an oblique injury and looking at a lot of missed games; their only good lefty relief pitcher is out for six weeks after meniscus surgery; their payroll is dropping only slightly slower than the number of fans they're losing; half of their roster is injured and the other half just completely sucks; and now their manager is so pissed off by the injured half that he's practically speaking in tongues.

But at least Johan's back, right?


P.S.- So glad I'm a Yankee fan

No comments: