- Carlos Beltran went 0-3 in an ExST game yesterday. The plan, according to him, is to play in 2 more games and rejoin the Major League club on their next road trip.
- Francisco Cervelli has also been playing in ExST games. Yesterday he went 1-2 at the plate and caught 3 innings. He's a few weeks away from being eligible to come off the 60-day DL, so he'll continue to ramp up at a slow, deliberate pace.
- Shawn Kelley will throw a sim game tomorrow. If that goes well, he'll start an official rehab assignment later in the week.
- Mark Teixeira should be back in the lineup tonight against a left-handed starter. The decision on whether he played Wednesday will be made after he sees how he feels tonight.
- CC Sabathia had a follow-up on his knee with the team doctor earlier this week and he has begun walking on a "low impact" treadmill to test his knee. He says he "feels great", but the only baseball-related plan is for him to play catch later in the week. Nothing beyond that.
A note to remember
42 minutes ago