So how'd everyone's weekend go? Mine started off fine with a trip to Madison with the girlfriend to celebrate our 1-year anniversary and it ended with me catching a nasty stomach virus, like a "no food or drink staying down, run to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes" kind of stomach virus (TMI). That being the case, I wasn't able to fire the comp up to cover the happenings of the last day or so, but here's my way of making up for it.
- The Yanks got shellacked by the Rays on Saturday, 16-1 in another ugly outing for Ivan Nova and the bullpen. Nova actually left the game early with an elbow problem and today it was reported that he has a partially torn UCL in his right elbow.
- That injury all but guarantees Tommy John Surgery for him and the end of his 2014 season. The Yanks will have to replace him in the rotation and with Vidal Nuno pitching in a spot start today, he makes the most sense.
- Between the injury and the bullpen taking it on the chin again, the Yanks had to make some roster moves. Preston Claiborne and Bryan Mitchell were called up to fortify the bullpen and replace Nova on the active roster. Matt Daley was DFA'd.
- Mark Teixeira also came off the DL today as scheduled, and Scott Sizemore was sent back down to Triple-A. Turns out he did have another option remaining, so at least that's some good news.
- The last bit of good news? The Yankees salvaged a series split today with a 5-1 win in 12 innings. The bullpen had to pitch 7 innings in support of Nuno, so tomorrow's off-day once again comes at the perfect time.
I'll try to see how I feel tomorrow as far as posting goes, but I wouldn't count on much. I should be back to normal soon enough.
Game 125: Do It Again
36 minutes ago