Big sports weekend for me this weekend. HYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE sports weekend. Got a real nice lineup of college basketball games tomorrow, the NFL conference championships Sunday, and before that I'll be down in Chicago checking out the Blackhawks-Bruins game live. It's almost enough to make me forget that we're 4 weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting. Almost. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, SJK of NoMaas commented on the hypocrisy of MLB in how they handled the A-Rod suspension and subsequent appeal. Preach, brother. Preach.
- On Tuesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits explained why the Yankees are not interested in signing Stephen Drew. He makes a very strong case, but I'd still rather have Drew than Sizemore and Anna.
- On Wednesday, Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA ran the numbers again to see how much room the Yankees have under the budget ceiling with Tanaka still to sign. No chance they get under 189 now.
- Also from IIATMS/TYA, the second of our new podcast series "It's About The Yankees, Stupid." Still a work in progress but you should definitely check it out.
- Mike Axisa of RAB broke down Adam Warren's 2013 pitch type splits and results to see if he could be an effective short reliever. I still like him as a long man. Just my opinion.
- On Thursday, Tanya Bondurant weighed the pros and cons of releasing Alex Rodriguez.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud had all the details on the new replay system going into effect this season. Still don't understand why the neighborhood play at second isn't reviewable. If the guy isn't on the base, it shouldn't be an out.
- El duque of It Is High... imagined what Bud Selig's farewell visit to Yankee Stadium might look like later this season.
- Jason Evans of Yanks Go Yard examined how the Clayton Kershaw deal will impact the Yankees' pursuit of starting pitcher in this and future offseasons.
- On Friday, Greg Corcoran profiled rising lefty pitching prospect Dan Camarena. Wouldn't mind seeing a breakout from him this year.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes compared some key stats for David Robertson and Grant Balfour to show why D-Rob should just be named the closer.
Going with the new song by A Perfect Circle, "By and Down", for this week's Friday Jam. Creepy tune. Very creepy. Makes me want another APC album and another Tool album this year.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Consider the sources
1 hour ago