Honestly, I don't even know what to use as my arbitrary intro to this week's linkaround. Nothing really noteworthy happened while I was at my company trade show, there's nothing else going on in the world of sports that I'm dying to talk about, I don't give a fuck about politics, and I don't feel right talking about the hurricane anymore than I already have as somebody who wasn't directly affected by it in any way. I'll just say that this week's episodes of "South Park," "Always Sunny," and "The League" were hilarious and I greatly enjoyed them. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Bryan Van Dusen of The Greedy Pinstripes argued against bringing Ichiro Suzuki back as a full-time OF option in 2013. Amen, Bryan. Amen.
- On Tuesday, Vizzini of NoMaas made a very compelling case for why the Yankees should go after Dan Haren as a rotation option for next season. And he did it before I did. Damn!
- Benjamin Orr of Yanks Go Yard discussed which current Yankees and current Yankee prospects should and should not be trade bait in their efforts to get younger. A few names in there might surprise you.
- Delia E. of Yankees Fans Unite looked at the group of arbitration-eligible Yankees and what they can expect to receive for their 2013 salaries.
- On Wednesday, Chad Jennings of LoHud connected the dots between last offeason's big moves and this offseason's situation to try to build the path the team might take this year.
- Mike Axisa of RAB reviewed the good and the bad from Ivan Nova in 2012 and how they combined to put him in a position of uncertainty heading into next season.
- El duque of It Is High... gave his take on the big new contract that Robinson Cano is going to eventually get and the impact it could have on the Yankee payroll beyond 2014.
-Robert Casey of Bleeding Yankee Blue brought up the idea of going after Kevin Youkilis as a part-time 3rd base option. Not sure I like that idea, and as Robert said, I'm not sure Youkilis would either.
- William Tasker of IIATMS stoked the fire of excitement for Mark Montgomery and the boost he could provide to the bullpen.
- On Thursday, Andrew Mearns of Pinstriped Bible proposed 2 names to fill the Eric Chavez and Andruw Jones bench roles next season. I won't give them both away, but I will say I want no part of Grady Sizemore.
- Matt Imbrogno of TYA, who's working his way back into blogging shape, laid out the various bullpen scenarios the Yankees could be facing depending on what happens with Soriano and Mo.
For today's Friday Jam I'm going back to the band that first got me into harder rock music, even if they have devolved into a shell of their former selves today, KoRn. Laugh all you want, but KoRn was catchy as hell back in their day in the late 90s, and they really spoke to me as an angst-laden teen in my late middle school/early high school years. Shit's tough for an upper middle class white kid growing up in Fairfield County, Connecticut you know. I've grown tired of KoRn's angry guy shtick as I've grown up, but "Freak On A Leash" is still a sick song and one of the best music videos of all time.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody. If you're in the areas still recovering from that bitch Sandy, I hope you've at least got power back.
New York Minute
8 minutes ago