"We’re going to see where he’s at after today. We’re starting to get to a point where Thursday might be a little doubtful just because he has to go play a game or two.”- Girardi on Brett Gardner
So to review:
- Swish- Out for at least a week
- Gardner- Probably not coming back this week
- Jones- .326 wOBA (.211 vs. LHP); 30.0% K rate
- Ibanez- .313 wOBA (.306 vs. RHP); almost to the point of not being able to catch the proverbial cold in the field
- Nunez- Yeah, about that...
(Courtesy of Getty Images)
Maybe it's time to bite the bullet and call up Dewayne Wise. The schedule is getting a little easier, so the 13-man bullpen isn't as big a necessity, and this 2-man bench thing with multiple catchers in the lineup and guys with no business playing the outfield out there playing the outfield doesn't seem to be working.
Just a thought...