Wednesday, May 14, 2014

So You Remember What I Said About Al Aceves Last Week?

You know, about how he could actually help the team?

"Aceves is not old at 31, he's fully healthy, he's made changes to his pitching approach, and he's got experience pitching and pitching well in Yankee Stadium. Maybe he's got another year of '09 magic left in that arm. If so, the Yanks may have just solved their biggest bullpen problem."

Yeah, forget about that.  3 appearances since that 5/4 outing and here's his line in those 3 appearances: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 3 BB, 2 HR, 5 K.  Aceves has sucked big time and he probably pitched himself out of a roster spot last night.  The Yankees are calling up Chase Whitley to make the final start of this series on Thursday and they'll need to make a 40-man roster move.  DFA'ing Aceves would be a simple and smart move to make.

Sorry if I got anybody's hopes up with that post last week.  That one's on me, guys.  Do you want me to say I fucked up?  I fucked up.  Write it.


No comments: