Big sports weekend this weekend. HYYYUUUUUUUGE weekend. Tanaka's debut tonight, Pineda's tomorrow, Final Four on Saturday night featuring my alma mater and the biggest school in the state I'm currently living in, full slates of MLB games on Saturday and Sunday, Blackhawks-Blues Sunday afternoon, and WrestleMania Sunday night. Hope everybody's cleared their schedules accordingly. Now onto the links!
- On Monday, Chad Jennings of LoHud got some early insights on Joe's bullpen management strategy for this season.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog dished out his predictions for 2014.
- On Tuesday, Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley took a look back at some of the big Opening Day debuts in Yankee history. Too bad none of the new guys this year added to the list.
- On Wednesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits tried to put this year's starting infield in the right perspective by examining where their projected output would rank them in Yankee history.
- Nick Peruffo of Minor Matters had all the highlights from Double-A Trenton's media day.
- On Thursday, Michael Eder of IIATMS/TYA analyzed the differences in Mark Teixeira's swing during Spring Training and Opening Day to see if he was compensating for his wrist.
- Mike Axisa of RAB broke down CC Sabathia's Opening Day pitch location plot to try to find the cause of his turnaround from the first 2 innings.
- On Friday, SJK of NoMaas reminded everyone of who Masahiro Tanaka is replacing in the rotation and what standards he has to live up to.
Today's jam is "Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart" by STP. Hadn't heard this in a long time and I caught the end of it on the radio the other day.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.
Girardi yanks struggling Chapman as closer
1 hour ago