- The ST win streak was upped to 4 yesterday as the Yanks beat the Nationals 4-2. The story of the day was Ivan Nova, who dominated over 3 innings. It'd be irresponsible to not mention that it was hardly Washington's "A" lineup, but Nova looked really sharp. Pounded the strike zone, had everything working.
- Mark Teixeira took live BP for the first time this spring. He's scheduled for longer sessions the next 2 days and then his 2014 debut on Thursday.
- A couple of young guys looked good in the morning, as both Manny Banuelos and Jose Campos threw live BP. They should be pitching in games soon.
- After playing shortstop again yesterday, Derek Jeter is set for his first back-to-back appearance when he plays as the DH today. I'd say him doing that this early in camp is a good sign that he's got his legs back under him.
- Andy Pettitte was yesterday's special guest instructor. I say it's 20/80 he announces he's coming out of retirement by the end of the week.
Are the Red Sox a better team than the Yankees?
48 minutes ago